Barbara provides actuarial and consultancy advice to a wide range of UK pension schemes, and also has experience in trusteeship. She is Scheme Actuary to a number of schemes across the UK and has spoken at our seminars and trustee training sessions.
Based in our Glasgow office, Barbara provides actuarial and consultancy advice to a wide range of UK pension schemes. She is Scheme Actuary to a wide variety of schemes where she has built and maintained constructive relationships with trustees and employers alike.
She regularly advises trustees in relation to current issues, risk management, scheme governance and scheme funding matters, including assisting in negotiations with employers. Barbara also has significant experience of helping trustees through the winding-up process, including those winding up outside of the PPF.
Barbara also provides advice to sponsoring employers, in particular in relation to scheme funding, PPF levy management and corporate accounting disclosures.
Barbara provides clear, personalised, no-nonsense advice.
- provision of Scheme Actuary services to several defined benefit (DB) schemes, including negotiations with employers around contingent assets, contributions and secondary funding targets
- risk management advice to trustees and sponsoring employers alike
- advice in relation to the winding up of DB pension schemes
- guidance to trustees on considerations arising from corporate restructuring and changes of ownership
- provision of advice to trustees and sponsoring employers on bulk annuity transactions and de-risking options
- management of PPF levies for clients through a variety of methods, including putting in place parental guarantees and working with sponsoring employers to improve their insolvency risk rating
- provision of corporate accounting disclosures for sponsoring employers
Barbara has a keen interest in trustee training and has provided regular training sessions to her clients on a variety of topics.