Will is a Scheme Actuary and has experience of all aspects of actuarial consultancy for both trustees and employers including valuations, wind-ups, benefit changes, investment strategy and member communications.
Will provides actuarial and consultancy advice to a wide range of UK pension schemes and is based in our Bristol and Cheltenham offices. Will enjoys building and maintaining strong relationships with trustees and employers alike, helping them through the issues they face which always vary from scheme to scheme.
Will also has experience of helping trustees through the winding-up process, including those winding up outside of the PPF and regularly advises trustees in relation to current issues, risk management, scheme governance and scheme funding matters, including assisting in negotiations with employers.
- experience of dealing with many stakeholders through complex valuation negotiations
- guiding several schemes through PPF Assessment
- providing advice on wind-ups, both into and outside of the PPF, and bulk annuity transactions
- advice on PPF levy reduction measures, saving clients hundreds of thousands of pounds
- advice on company accounting disclosures under many accounting standards, including IAS 19, IAS 19R, FRS 17 and FRS 102
- was the Secretary to the Continuous Mortality Investigation's (CMI) Self-Administered Pension Schemes (SAPS) Mortality Committee, supporting the Committee in their work including the development of the S2 mortality tables which became widely used across the industry