If you’re involved in operating and governing DC pension schemes, it is vital to understand the operation of your scheme, comply with new governance requirements and keep your DC knowledge up to date.
In an ever-evolving market, trustees are increasingly required to demonstrate how they govern members’ benefits and keep their defined contribution (DC) knowledge up to date. Companies are facing increasingly significant corporate risks, particularly those that pensions create. Good governance can help to mitigate these.
Our one-day course is aimed at both trustees of DC schemes and those involved with the governance and management of DC schemes, either through a Pensions Management Committee (PMC) or in their role within HR and Finance.
This comprehensive training course will provide you with insight on:
- How can good DC governance really make a difference to members and employers
- The UK pension landscape and the new governance standards affecting schemes in 2019 and beyond
- An introduction to DC investment principles and exploring themes such as ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) criteria
- Communication and engagement for the new pensions world, including helping members understand and value the benefits provided
- Management and governance structures for Trustee boards and Pension Management Committees (PMCs)
- The options, strategies and opportunities for members at retirement
- How to deliver ‘value for members’ and measure the return on benefit spend
- The 'trustee knowledge and understanding' requirements as set out in the DC code
Registration fees and group bookings
The cost of the course is £350 per person with a reduced fee of £300 per person applied for block bookings of two or more delegates. Please note, all prices exclude VAT.
Please complete the form below to book your place.
"Definitely worthwhile if you are going to be involved in any aspect of management of a DC scheme"