Our comprehensive training programme, which is Pensions Management Institute (PMI) accredited, effectively guides trustees who are responsible for managing defined benefit (DB) pension schemes, through the fundamental issues highlighted in The Pensions Regulator’s ‘Scope Guidance’.
This three day, three module course which is now delivered online, provides both new trustees, and those seeking a reminder, a thorough grounding in pensions matters - and the knowledge to complete The Pensions Regulator’s Trustee Toolkit with confidence.
There will be three online modules held over three days. Registration is from 08:50, the course will begin at 09:00 and will finish at 11:30.
The topics covered include:
Day 1 (5 October): trusteeship
- The ‘trustee knowledge and understanding’ requirements
- The current UK pensions landscape and key regulatory changes
- Trusteeship and exercising discretions
- Case study on trusteeship
Day 2 (6 October): assets and assumptions
- An introduction to asset classes and investment funds
- What is a funding strategy?
- How trustees set assumptions for liability calculations
- A case study on scheme investments
Day 3 (7 October): strategy
- Setting investment strategies
- The actuarial valuation
- The Scheme Funding regime, including The Pensions Regulator’s DB funding code of practice
- A case study on funding negotiations
DB trustee online training sessions
About our host
Lewis Chapman-Hart MMath FIA
An experienced client account manager, liaising regularly with trustees and scheme managers, as well as sponsors, to deliver advice and to complete actions. All delivered on time and to a high standard.
His clients range in size from £200m to £500m. Lewis is adept at tailoring his support to suit his clients’ varying needs.
Lewis is a qualified actuary, and has extensive experience of providing a wide range of advice to trustee and corporate clients.More about Lewis