Our comprehensive training programme effectively guides trustees through the fundamental issues highlighted in The Pensions Regulator’s ‘Scope Guidance’.
This programme is Pensions Management Institute (PMI) accredited, and targeted specifically for trustees of defined benefit (DB) pension schemes.
This online course, running over three mornings, provides both new trustees and those seeking a reminder with a thorough grounding in pensions matters - and the knowledge to complete The Pensions Regulator’s Trustee Toolkit with confidence.
There will be three online modules held over three days. Registration is from 8:45am, the course will begin at 9am and will finish at 11:30am.
The topics covered include:
Day 1 (Tuesday 4 October): Trusteeship
- the ‘trustee knowledge and understanding’ requirements;
- the current UK pensions landscape and key regulatory changes;
- trusteeship and exercising discretions; and
- a case study on trusteeship.
Day 2 (Wednesday 5 October): Assets and assumptions
- an introduction to asset classes and investment funds;
- what is a funding strategy?;
- how trustees set assumptions for liability calculations; and
- a case study on scheme investments.
Day 3 (Thursday 6 October): Strategy
- setting investment strategies;
- the actuarial valuation;
- the Scheme Funding regime, including The Pensions Regulator’s DB funding code of practice; and
- a case study on funding negotiations.
DB trustee online training sessions
About our host
Lewis Chapman-Hart MMath FIA
An experienced client account manager, liaising regularly with trustees and scheme managers, as well as sponsors, to deliver advice and to complete actions. All delivered on time and to a high standard.
His clients range in size from £200m to £500m. Lewis is adept at tailoring his support to suit his clients’ varying needs.
Lewis is a qualified actuary, and has extensive experience of providing a wide range of advice to trustee and corporate clients.More about Lewis