Barnett Waddingham has promoted three of its staff to the position of partner, taking the firm’s total number of partners to 64.
The new partners are:
- Sue Foley joined our Cheltenham office in 1997 to work in the firm’s Pension Administration team. Sue gained her PMI Advanced Diploma in 2001 and was elected as a Fellow of the PMI in 2008. Sue has responsibility for managing the team of over 70 administrators in Cheltenham and ensures that a quality and efficient service is provided to both new and long-standing clients. Sue also acts as secretary to the trustees to a small number of schemes.
- Gavin Markham joined our London office in 2012 to lead the firm’s specialist bulk annuity team, advising on all aspects of buy-outs and buy-ins. Gavin also provides advice to a range of corporate clients on defined benefit (DB) pension issues including scheme funding, benefit design, risk reduction exercises, M&A and accounting matters. Gavin’s experience includes advising a wide range of UK and multi-national businesses, both as a consultant and as the in-house actuary for a global FTSE100 company.
- Oliver McCulloch joined our Amersham team in 2002 after graduating from Bristol University with a joint degree in Physics and Mathematics. Oliver’s main area of expertise is helping trustees manage their ongoing plans towards meeting member benefits in full – this includes advising on a coherent strategy covering funding, investment, covenant and governance risks. Oliver has a wide range of experience in advising trustee clients of all sizes, with clients ranging from around £5m to £750m.
In addition to the partner promotions, the following nine new associates have also been announced:
- Annemarie Allen, Public Sector Consulting, London
- Carl Chapman, Workplace Health and Wealth, London
- Ben Clacker, Pension Administration, Cheltenham
- Michael Henderson, Insurance Consulting, London
- Joanna Loder, Actuarial Consulting, Amersham
- Jonathan Maude, Actuarial Consulting, Amersham
- Chris Ramsey, Actuarial Consulting, London
- David Spilsbury, Workplace Health and Wealth, London
- Melanie Stephenson, Public Sector Consulting, Glasgow
These latest promotions demonstrate the continued strong growth of our business across all of our practice areas. The success of Barnett Waddingham is very much down to the people who work here and these promotions are a result of the hard work and contribution that Sue, Gavin and Oliver have made to the firm during their time here. I would also like to send my congratulations to our new associates and look forward to working alongside them in continuing the success of the firm.