Our SSAS lets you save for retirement whilst keeping an unprecedented level of control on how your money is invested and looked after.
We act as a professional trustee of our SSASs to ensure the scheme is kept compliant with tax legislation and our co-trustees are kept informed of latest developments. As part of this service, we provide scheme administration including dealing with regulatory returns as well as member and investment transactions.
Here's ten reasons why using Barnett Waddingham for your SSAS will help you save for the retirement you deserve:
- We have been advising SSAS clients since our formation in 1989 and are fully committed to our SSAS trusteeship and administration service.
- We are backed up by the financial strength that comes with being the UK’s largest independent firm of actuaries.
- With over 2,140 current clients, we have built up a huge amount of experience in dealing with these schemes and the variety of investments that are held within them.
- Within our SSAS portfolio we hold over 2,800 properties and 65 new loan-backs per annum.
- We have a team of experienced SSAS consultants and you will have a named consultant who will look after your SSAS. We do not use call centres as we understand that clients with SSASs want individual attention and a dedicated point of contact.
- We don’t impose unnecessary restrictions but counsel you through the relevant rules, with the empahsis on excellent service backed by technical expertise.
- We have held seminars on current SSAS issues every year for over 20 years. All our clients and their advisers are invited to attend at no charge.
- We have supported the industry body - the Association of Member-Directed Pension Schemes – since its inception and Barnett Waddingham has been represented on the committee and provided past chairmen.
- We are happy to work with your existing advisers - we do not insist on you using a panel of certain investment providers, solicitors or accountants.
- We use technology to make things efficient and available - for example, online viewing access to bank accounts with our preferred SSAS bankers, electronic data management and online tools. We know the internet is not for everyone so we don't insist on you using it to deal with us.