Sonia specialises in providing advice on all aspects of pension investment, including investment strategy reviews, investment manager selection and performance monitoring. This covers advice to a range of clients, predominantly trustees of defined contribution (DC) and defined benefit (DB) arrangements.
She is also heavily involved in conducting DC investment strategy research and development within Barnett Waddingham, aimed at improving standards of DC governance, encouraging member engagement and designing robust investment solutions seeking to maximise member outcomes at retirement. Sonia’s role often sees her give training sessions to new and experienced trustees and company representatives on investment strategy issues.
Sonia’s current DC appointments involve providing investment support to a well-known large master trust and a number of standalone schemes with assets of varying sizes. This range of experience enables her to tailor solutions to schemes of different sizes and complexity, and with a variety of different governance needs.
- advising scheme managers/trustees on DC scheme design taking account of individual scheme aims, investment beliefs and constraints
- advising large DC master trusts on strategy, scheme design and governance
- DB investment strategy work including the design and implementation of de-risking framework
- design and implementation of LDI strategies, including trigger-based implementation approaches
- manager selection and investment monitoring services