Peter works with a range of UK defined benefit pension schemes on investment strategy. He helps trustees devise strategies consistent with their investment beliefs and objectives, and is experienced in designing growth asset portfolios and liability matching strategies for clients. He has substantial liability side experience having started his Barnett Waddingham career in the firm’s actuarial practice.
More recently, Peter has spent considerable time researching the fiduciary management market and helped develop the firm’s fiduciary management oversight and evaluation service (FM Evaluate). He has practical experience of fiduciary manager selection exercises and ongoing performance monitoring.
He helps trustee boards set investment governance frameworks appropriate for their individual schemes and is a strong believer that an independent advisory function is important in all cases.
- assisting trustees with the setting of investment beliefs and strategic objectives
- investment strategy setting and monitoring
- design and implementation of LDI strategies
- asset-liability modelling
- fiduciary management oversight - selection and monitoring