An experienced client account manager, liaising regularly with trustees and scheme managers, as well as sponsors, to deliver advice and to complete actions. All delivered on time and to a high standard. His clients range in size from £200m to £500m. Lewis is adept at tailoring his support to suit his clients’ varying needs.
Lewis is a qualified actuary, and has extensive experience of providing a wide range of advice to trustee and corporate clients. This includes advice in relation to: valuations, PPF levy consulting, actuarial factor and transfer value reviews and corporate accounting work, as well as governance support and general pensions consulting.
Advising clients across the UK defined benefit pension scheme spectrum, including: schemes whose sponsors have overseas group parents, particularly in North America, schemes with leveraged liability-driven investments, schemes with varied contingent asset structures, some PPF-compliant. Others include a large legacy schemes with complex benefit structures across different member groups and contracted-out and contracted-in sections.
- advising trustees and schemes managers on valuation results and negotiations in both complex situations and short timescales
- advising UK schemes with overseas parents and group structures, particularly in North America. A key part of his role is ensuring clear communication channels with both trustees and other stakeholders based in the UK and overseas
- tailoring factors advice to schemes’ needs
- providing advice on Annual Allowance and auto enrolment points to schemes open to new accrual
- providing wider pensions consulting to trustees and scheme managers, as well as governance and secretarial support