Jane is a qualified actuary who advises organisations on a wide range of pension issues, primarily related to their legacy defined benefit pension plans.
Jane’s approach is to first understand the objectives of the key stakeholders; then provide clear, considered, complete and concise advice; before delivering the most appropriate solution in the most efficient way.
In her 25 plus years in the pensions industry, she has advised the full spectrum of clients from listed global multinationals to small family owned businesses with assets ranging from £3 billion to £20 million. She has advised companies on benefit design changes, scheme merger and harmonisation, liability management, scheme funding negotiations, longevity transactions, M&A activity and accounting disclosures. In addition Jane historically advised Trustees and therefore has a good understanding of the approach trustees and their advisers might adopt.
Jane’s extensive experience, clear advice and proactive approach has helped her to become a trusted consultant to a wide range of UK & multi-national businesses.
- Undertook a targeted review of how regulated companies manage long term pension costs whilst ensuring consumers do not bear unnecessary costs
- Advice to UK subsidiary of a multinational employer on management across multiple legacy schemes including harmonisation, valuation negotiation and liability management
- Pension advice to an organisation involved in a high profile multi-party acquisition by FTSE100 company
- Scheme design work for a sponsor resulting in closure to defined benefit accrual including liaison and negotiation with both trustee and employee consultative groups and their respective advisers
- Involvement in the establishment of a new scheme to consolidate two existing schemes by way of a bulk transfer of the defined benefit sections including member option exercises pre-transfer
- Experience of working with sectionalised schemes including one with over 10 sections
- Involvement in advice regarding and implementation of longevity hedges
Jane has prior experience as a Scheme Actuary providing insights into the approach Trustees are likely to adopt. She has some experience of PRA requirements for financial organisations.