Jack provides actuarial and consultancy advice to trustees and sponsoring employers of defined benefit (DB) pension schemes. He helps them to understand and effectively manage the risks associated with their schemes.
Jack is a scheme actuary and advises clients on all aspects of DB pension provision – including funding valuations, corporate accounting, PPF levies, integrated risk management (IRM) and liability management exercises, as well as broader scheme governance matters.
Jack has particular expertise in innovations in the risk settlement market, having been closely involved in Barnett Waddingham’s work in relation to capital-backed consolidation vehicles since their inception.
He is also a key member of Barnett Waddingham’s expert witness and litigation advisory teams, with experience in professional negligence and Part 8 claims. On a number of occasions, he has provided actuarial support in High Court litigation proceedings.
Jack advises trustee and corporate clients across a wide range of sectors, with pension schemes ranging in size from £25m to £1.5bn.
- Advice to trustee and corporate clients on scheme funding and other related matters
- Accounting advice to the sponsors of UK and overseas retirement arrangements
- Advice and project management work in relation to liability management and risk settlement exercises
- Leading Barnett Waddingham’s research and advice in relation to DB ‘Superfund’ consolidation vehicles
- Advice on PPF levy mitigation
- Expert witness and advisory services at various stages of the litigation process
- Jack acts as team leader for the London actuarial consulting team. He is also responsible for actuarial recruitment in the London office
- In 2018 Jack was named as a ‘Star of the Future’ by Actuarial Post magazine, and in 2021 he was shortlisted for Actuary/Consultant of the Year at the Professional Pensions ‘Rising Stars’ awards.