Jack provides actuarial and consultancy advice to trustees and sponsoring employers of defined benefit (DB) pension schemes. He helps them to understand and effectively manage the risks associated with their schemes.
Jack is a Scheme Actuary and advises clients on all aspects of DB pension provision – including funding valuations, corporate accounting, PPF levies, integrated risk management (IRM) and liability management exercises, as well as broader scheme governance matters.
He is also a key member of Barnett Waddingham’s expert witness and litigation advisory teams, with experience in professional negligence and Part 8 claims. On a number of occasions he has provided actuarial support in High Court litigation proceedings.
Jack advises trustee and corporate clients across a wide range of sectors, with pension schemes ranging in size from £40m to £500m.
- Advice to trustee and corporate clients on scheme funding and other related matters
- Accounting advice to the sponsors of UK and overseas retirement arrangements
- Advice and project management work in relation to liability management exercises
- Advice to trustees on governance arrangements and responsibilities
- Advice on PPF levy mitigation
- Expert witness and advisory services at various stages of the litigation process
- Jack is involved in the training and development of junior members of the actuarial team. He is also responsible for the graduate recruitment programme in the London office
- In 2018 Jack was named as a ‘Star of the Future’ by Actuarial Post magazine