Harshil works in the Business Risk team and specialises in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM).
His clients are highly regarded, well-known UK PLCs (household names and brands). Harshil’s work starts and ends with the analysis of data and increasingly we are working with complex data sets. He takes big data and provides compelling insights that bring tangible benefits either through cost reduction, risk or revenue optimisation.
- leading on the delivery of our outsourced risk management model for a FTSE350 client, where I act as the in-house Group Risk Manager
- presenting to the Executive Board and Senior Management team regularly on the company’s key risks
- supporting clients to solve risk based problems in areas such as:
- gender pay gap reporting
- risks relating to modern slavery and human trafficking
- The Criminal Finances Act 2017 - preventing the facilitation of tax evasion
- Carbon Disclosure Project - climate risks and opportunities and actions for tackling them
- using data and actuarial skills to analyse and create meaningful bespoke client insights
- providing strategic risk advice to executives and senior managers regarding specific risk issues
- development and implementation of strategies to grow our brand with potential buyers that may be unfamiliar with Barnett Waddingham
- creation of our propositions and how to deliver them. We use new technology, software solutions and the complimentary skills of our consultants and actuaries to create a multi-disciplinary team pooling Barnett Waddingham’s talent
Harshil initially joined Barnett Waddingham in the London Trustee Consulting team and moved to Corporate Consulting after four years in the role. These roles involved advising Trustees and sponsors of defined benefit pension schemes on various pensions risk related matters.
He is also a qualified project manager APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ).