Fatim is a Fellow of The Chartered Association of Certified Accountants and currently co-leads the Pension Accounts Group, a specialised team comprising of accountants who are focussed at delivering high quality accounts.
As a leading technical expert in her field, she is heavily involved in the preparation and reviewing of the Trustees Report and Accounts for Barnett Waddingham’s administration clients. This includes defined benefit (DB) schemes, defined contribution (DC) schemes, Hybrid schemes, Sectionalised schemes, CARE schemes and schemes going into the Pension Protection Fund (PPF).
She is also responsible for formulating internal working practices in response to legislative changes within the industry’s Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) and assisting with our annual AAF audits.
As well as preparing accounts, Fatim’s role involves managing and developing the Firmwide Pension Accounts Group, maintaining standard documentation to reflect legislative changes, researching technical matters and streamlining processes to improve efficiencies.
Fatim’s extensive experience, technical knowledge and professional approach have helped her become a recognised expert within her field, providing an excellent accounts service by delivering high quality accounts within agreed timescales and meeting client expectations.
- extensive knowledge in the preparation of pension scheme accounts (DB, DC, hybrid, sectionalised) with complex investments including segregated investments, derivatives and special purpose vehicles
- a recognised expert on the PPF scheme accounts
- aides the development of our in-house accounting system
- gets involved in new business introductions
- works closely with the implementation team to ensure smooth transition