Elizabeth provides advice and support to UK pension scheme trustees and employers for a wide variety of DB Schemes of all sizes, from less than £1 million to around £400 million of assets. She has gained experience of a wide range of pension scheme work on behalf of trustees and employers including scheme funding, accounting disclosures, and PPF related work.
She holds a Scheme Actuary certificate and took on her first Scheme Actuary appointments in Autumn 2018. Elizabeth also provides Scheme Actuary support for a number schemes, taking a lead role in the consultancy relationship on most of these.
- advice on funding matters, including monitoring solvency positions with a view to de-risking and identifying buy-out opportunities
- advice on bulk exercises, including liability management exercises
- advice on PPF levies, including mitigation options such as deficit reduction contributions and certification of asset backed contribution arrangements
- advice on accounting disclosures and assumptions to use under both UK and US standards
- work concerning bulk annuity purchases including medical underwriting and working with insurers on data cleansing exercises
In addition to her client work, Elizabeth is a member of the firm’s Pensions Actuarial Technical Committee who are responsible for researching changes to pension legislation, discussing firm wide best practice and preparing firmwide guidance on setting actuarial assumptions for various purposes. She is also responsible for the day-to-day management of the Leeds actuarial team.