Debbie has over 20 years’ pensions experience covering a broad variety of aspects of actuarial consultancy for both trustees and employers.
On a day-to day basis Debbie works with a number of DB pension schemes ranging in size from £10 million to over £500 million covering a wide variety of topics from the typical day to day issues to providing bespoke client specific advice. She has also been involved with the provision of accounting disclosures for various clients since its inception and therefore has a significant amount of experience in this area.
Debbie has been working with many of her clients for a number of years and as a result, has established long-term trusted relationships with her clients.
Debbie also has excellent project management skills and is a qualified Prince2 Practitioner. Debbie has successfully managed a number of projects including a fifteen month project for one of our most long-standing and largest clients.
She is responsible for the day to day management of the actuarial team in the Cheltenham office and chairs the firm wide group responsible for implementing procedures and ensuring consistency in our approach across the different offices and practice areas. Debbie is also involved in the graduate recruitment programme for the firm.
- Advice to DB clients ranging in size from £10 million to £500 million
- Managing projects
- Scheme funding and the associated work such as establishing recovery plans agreeable/workable for all parties
- One-off bespoke projects covering numerous topics such as benefit changes, equalisation and scheme mergers
- Assisting trustees negotiate with third parties
- Employer advice for their pension and post-retirement medical plan accounting disclosures
- Employer advice to reduce PPF levies through a variety of improvements to their insolvency risk rating