David advises trustees and sponsors of defined benefit pension schemes on a range of actuarial issues. David also works to support schemes moving through the PPF assessment process.
David provides advice to ongoing schemes including: funding valuations, actuarial factors, PPF levy advice and corporate accounting. He also works with the PPF services team, providing advice to schemes throughout the PPF assessment period and beyond for schemes that ultimately wind-up outside of the PPF.
- Providing actuarial support to the Old British Steel Pension Scheme including project management for the £2bn PPF plus transaction
- Client account management for ongoing clients ranging in size from less than £10m to over £1bn
- Supporting trustees with valuation negotiations, journey planning and funding monitoring
- Providing wider pensions consulting to trustees and scheme managers, as well as governance and secretarial support
- Preparation of corporate accounting disclosures, including complex situations and short timescales
David volunteers as part of the IFoA Examination Team and is involved in both setting and marking actuarial exams.