Barry provides pensions advice and risk management solutions to LGPS (Local Government Pension Schemes) clients, supporting them in meeting their objectives.
He will be responsible for, and fund actuary to, a number of LGPS funds. His remit includes developing the strategy of the public sector consulting practice, identifying needs of the LGPS market and developing solutions to LGPS technical issues to ensure clients get optimal outcomes.
- fund Actuary to largest LGPS client in the UK (Greater Manchester > £20bn fund)
- fund Actuary to eight LGPS funds for ten years
- client director ensuring an excellent service was delivered to clients
- speaker at major LGPS conferences
- technical lead
- key role developing and taking to market unitisation system for LGPS clients
- representative on external sub-committees related to the LGPS
- representative for press comments