Adam advises a range of UK businesses on DB pension issues including risk reduction exercises, scheme funding, pension benefit design and accounting disclosures. He also works with individuals confronting annual and lifetime allowance limits.
He has developed particular expertise advising companies on reducing risk and cost in their defined benefit and has helped many companies implement risk reduction strategies.
Adam’s extensive experience and pragmatic approach have resulted in him become a trusted adviser to UK and overseas companies who want clear pensions advice.
- funding and related advice to clients across a range of scheme sizes and industries
- design and implementation of liability and risk reduction exercises including pension increase exchanges and transfers at retirement
- advised on over 50 transactions involving pension liabilities on both the buy-side and sell-side including major UK telecom deals with £1 billion plus pension obligations
- accounting consolidation advice to a number of multi-national organisations, the largest having over 100 schemes and circa $20 billion of pension obligations
- reviews of pension arrangements of senior staff at various organisations, including tax efficient annual allowance and lifetime allowance planning