Welcome to this month's News on Pensions. In this issue:
Following the highly anticipated budget announcement on Wednesday 16 March, we take a look at new Lifetime Individual Savings Account (LISA) and other pensions-related issues discussed on the day, such as:
- Salary sacrifice arrangements;
- Pension Commencement Lump Sums;
- Employer-funded workplace pensions advice;
- Employer contributions to public sector pensions; and
- The launch of a ‘Pensions Dashboard’.
Pension transfers and early exit charges
We review any updates since the Government launched a consultation on pension transfers and early exit charges in July 2015, following on from the pensions freedoms. The consultation sought views on whether consumers face unjustifiable charges or other barriers, when moving scheme or accessing savings early.
Abolition of contracting-out
We look at Government's response to its consultation on further amendments to the legislation reflecting the abolition of contracting-out.
Our news in brief update also features:
- PPF 7800 Index;
- AMNT: defined contribution guide;
- DWP: State Pension Age review;
- Public sector: GMP indexation; and
- Lifetime Allowance – interim protection application.