The latest edition of the Current Pensions Issues includes an overview of the annual funding statement published by The Pensions Regulator (TPR). This is intended as a guide for defined benefit (DB) schemes undertaking a valuation with an effective date between 22 September 2016 and 21 September 2017 (‘Tranche 12’ schemes).
The statement highlights the importance of effective risk management and outlines the actions TPR expects trustees to take, depending on the risk profile of the scheme.
In this newsletter we also cover:
- same sex marriages and survivor benefits
- 2017 General Election
- employer debt regulations
- PPF Levy – new triennium consultation
- Cridland review of State Pension Age
- a round up of latest news from the pensions world in our 'news in brief'
Download the newsletter to find out more.