The latest edition of Current Pensions Issues includes an overview of the Green paper published by The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) on security and sustainability in defined benefit (DB) pension schemes. The paper highlights how legislation and regulation could be updated to reflect employers’ and members’ needs, and to help better manage the risks involved in DB pension provision.
The Green Paper is not intended as a policy statement and many of the issues raised are open-ended in nature. Nevertheless, in many ways the Government’s intended direction of travel is at least hinted at.
In the newsletter we also cover:
- The DWP's consultation on a proposed method for equalising Guaranteed Minimum Pensions (GMPs)
- TPR's new quick guide to integrated risk management (IRM)
- HMRC's new online service for Lifetime Allowance
- The PPF's final levy determination for the 2017/18 year
- a round up of latest news from the pensions world in our 'news in brief'
To continue reading, please download the full newsletter below.