This edition of Current Pensions Issues includes several actions for trustees surrounding the end of contracting-out, Integrated Risk Management, Persons of Significant Control and PPF Levies.
We also look at:
- New guidance from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) on the alternative tests of defined benefit (DB) scheme quality to determine whether a DB or hybrid pension scheme may continue to be used for auto-enrolment (AE) purposes;
- The regulations that are now in place allowing formerly contracted-out DB schemes to modify their rules in relation to the revaluation of Guaranteed Minimum Pensions (GMPs) before retirement;
- A review of pensions related issues raised in George Osborne's eighth budget speech on 16 March 2016;
- The joint response from the Treasury and DWP following their earlier call for evidence on creating a secondary market for annuities; and
- A round up of latest news from the pensions world in our 'news in brief'.