Simon advises companies and their shareholders on defined benefit (DB) pension issues including liability and risk reduction exercises, scheme funding and financing and exit strategies.
He maintains particularly close links with the firms that provide advice to members looking to transfer from their DB schemes and works with them on member option exercises, both from a consultancy viewpoint and from the provision of the Appropriate Pension Transfer Analysis mandated by the FCA.
- advice to a large multinational financial services company on its funding valuation (including the regulatory capital impact)
- advice to a potential lender on the pensions issues facing a company seeking to refinance
- purchaser due diligence on a number of corporate acquisitions by trade buyers and private equity houses
- vendor due diligence on the sale of a company from private equity ownership to a trade buyer
- design and implementation of liability and risk reduction exercises including enhanced transfers, pension increase exchanges and transfers at retirement
- development of exit strategies for several clients including asset and liability de-risking actions