An enthusiastic and organised individual, Rose is a proud advocate of Barnett Waddingham and our values as a firm.
Rose's role is to provide advice and support to UK pension scheme trustees and employers for a wide variety of DB schemes of various sizes and structures, including several schemes with overseas parent companies. She also provides scheme actuary support and takes a lead role in the consultancy relationship on many schemes.
Additional to her role, Rose acts as scheme secretary for two large schemes and has significant experience in providing secretarial services to clients.
As one of the team leaders in the Leeds actuarial team, Rose is also involved in the training and recruitment of new graduates.
- Acting as scheme secretary, providing governance support and managing the trustee meeting process
- Advice on funding matters, including monitoring solvency positions with a view to de-risking and identifying buyout opportunities
- Advice on PPF levies and D&B score analysis, including mitigation options such as deficit reduction contributions and bespoke asset stress testing
- Advice on appropriate methodology and assumptions to be adopted for company accounting disclosures under many accounting standards, including IAS 19, IAS 19R, FRS 102 and US GAAP
- Providing advice to schemes in wind-up including schemes transferring into the PPF and schemes undertaking bulk annuity purchases.