Roisin is an actuary to a number of public sector funds. This includes advising on overall funding strategy, setting contributions at actuarial valuations or when employers join/leave and preparing accounting disclosures for the participating employers.
Roisin works closely with Graeme Muir and Alison Hamilton and is responsible for managing a number of our LGPS clients and oversees all of the actuarial work undertaken by the actuarial support team for our Public Sector clients.
Her ability to break down complicated situations and provide clear, pragmatic advice to clients has made her an invaluable advisor to many LGPS Funds across the country.
- funding and other advice to LGPS Funds with assets ranging between £500 million and £4.5 billion
- academy conversions, calculating the attributable deficit and contribution rate
- producing accounting disclosures for public sector employers including complex disclosures where employers are in surplus, or have ceased to trade or have pass through arrangements in place
- negotiating, calculating and agreeing a number of bulk transfers each year
- providing advice on the treatment of LGPS pension liabilities where there is no longer an active sponsor
- providing advice on risk-sharing agreements such as pass through
- experience of advising LGPS Funds in Scotland