Paul is a Partner and Head of Actuarial Consulting. He is Scheme Actuary to a number of pension schemes and provides advice on a wide range of actuarial and investment issues to both trustee and corporate clients.
Paul enjoys helping his clients manage their funding plans. Paul recognises that a scheme valuation should reflect the characteristics of a scheme and will tailor his advice to reflect the age and profile of the scheme, the expertise of the trustees and the long-term plans for the scheme.
Paul’s experience, concise advice and practical approach have helped him to become a trusted consultant to a range of UK pension schemes with assets ranging from £100 million into the billions.
Paul is also passionate about the evolution of pensions as we move forward, taking an active role in the Firm’s strategy and helping to lay the framework to enable Barnett Waddingham’s actuaries to provide the long-term, tailored and independent advice which sets them apart.
- advice on tailored funding solutions, incorporating Special Purpose Vehicles, Escrow accounts and other arrangements into funding plans and helping trustees to understand the practical implications of the arrangements
- implementing a “de-risking flight path” for a mature pension scheme
- guiding trustees through changes to scheme sponsors
- establishing complete, but practical, governance set-up
- advice on wider pension schemes matters, ranging from helping schemes to reduce their PPF levies to buying-out liabilities.