Nilesh has over 25 years' experience in the pensions industry and is one of our resident expert for dealing with Pension Taxation issues for individuals and their employers.
Nilesh works closely with and assists the Head of Executive Pensions on all aspects of pension advising executives and their employers on pension provision and tax efficient retirement planning. This involves being able to explain the complex technical pension issues to clients in a manner they understand and then help them to organize the pension arrangements for their senior staff in order to minimise the risk of Annual Allowance and Lifetime Allowance charges. Prior to that, for 3 years, he was part of Barnett Waddingham’s Pensions Administration Practice.
Nilesh’s extensive experience has helped him to become a trusted consultant in providing assistance to the Head of Executive Pensions to provide guidance on pension matters to a wide range of employers and their senior staff at:
- private sector companies, including banks, insurers, small and medium sized enterprises
- Local Authorities and County Councils
- schools (headteachers)
- educational seminars and meetings with individuals on pensions taxation changes and the greater freedom and choice to be available from 2015 as announced in Budget 2014
- reviews of pension arrangements of senior staff at various organisations, including tax efficient annual allowance and lifetime allowance planning
- retirement planning options, including income withdrawal, phased retirement and guidance on general retirement planning issues
- provide guidance on opt-outs and compensation levels
- guidance on setting up unfunded and unapproved pension arrangements
Nilesh provides technical guidance on all aspects of pensions, including the radical changes the Finance Act 2004 introduced from April 2006. He also provides additional technical expertise to our Pensions Administration Practice.