Michel’s role is to develop the client base of family offices for Barnett Waddingham. The advisory work for those clients will be focused on investment governance, strategy or asset allocation, private markets and ESG and impact investing.
Michel’s main area of expertise is investment governance, asset allocation and portfolio construction for a variety of investment organisations. Michel brings with him his extensive experience as an investment consultant with Sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, family offices, investment trusts, pension funds and insurance companies.
- Setting up a family investment office for a wealthy trader in Monaco.
- Advising and set up of investment committee for major foundation in Italy.
- Advising a wealthy family in KSA for many years including building up their own multi-family regulated asset management organisation.
- Setting up a KPI structure for the entire organisation of a substantial SWF in Central Asia.
- Reviewing strategy (SAA) and search of manager for large UN related fund.
- Regular risk management support for a large public fund in Switzerland.
Michel has also been involved with reviewing multiple managers for his clients with the support of investment manager research teams. He also has a wealth of knowledge on how to handle RFPs from both sides: client perspective and service provider’s perspective in asset management and investment consultancy.
He also has a good understanding of asset management from an internal point of view, which he has gained from working with the AXA group, the KBC group and HSBC.
Michel has a wealth of experience from having been a people manager for teams for a range of different companies including FTSE100’s. He has good experience with managing very diverse types of professionals.
The video below was shot at the fund forum in Monaco in 2012 where I participated in a panel. The topic was the place of emerging markets in investment portfolios.