Michael is a Scheme Actuary and has experience of providing strategic advice to trustees and sponsors of defined benefit (DB) pension schemes on scheme funding matters, de-risking strategies, mergers, corporate accounting and governance issues.
Michael provides concise, client-focussed advice to assist with the development of pragmatic solutions to pension challenges, and looks to work in collaboration with his clients and develop longstanding relationships.
Michael advises clients of all sizes across a wide range of sectors, with his current clients ranging from £5 million to £400 million.
- Advice to trustees and employers in connection with funding negotiations under a variety of employer covenant scenarios
- Advice to trustees on integrated funding and investment strategies, including the implementation and monitoring of de-risking frameworks
- Advice to trustees on pension scheme mergers (both full mergers and sectionalised mergers)
- Advice to trustees on other pension scheme matters including managing and mitigating PPF levies, implementing liability management options such as Enhanced Cash Equivalent Transfer Value (CETV) exercises, and wider governance related issues
- Advice on Company accounting pension disclosures
Michael is Barnett Waddingham’s nominated Continuing Professional Development (CPD) co-ordinator, and acts as the point of contact for the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries on CPD matters. Michael led one of the Amersham Actuarial Consulting teams of 16 qualified and trainee actuaries for a number of years and was responsible for a variety of day-to-day matters and the management of client workflow.