Mark has over 20 years’ experience providing actuarial pensions advice to defined benefit pension scheme clients - building trusted relationships and helping his clients to understand and manage their pensions risks and develop pragmatic solutions to their many pensions challenges.
He acts as a consulting Scheme Actuary to trustee boards as well as a pensions adviser to corporate appointments, covering a wide range of schemes from £10m up to £1bn. The variety of his work enables Mark to give rounded advice to both his trustee and corporate clients.
- full range of trustee and corporate advice on scheme funding matters, helping clients deliver funding and buyout strategies
- innovative integration of dynamic funding and investment 'flight path' strategies to de-risk a maturing pension scheme, incorporating atypical financing measures to mitigate overfunding risk
- bulk annuity transaction advice, including non-standard buy-out and wind-up of a sponsor’s UK and overseas DB schemes involving debt compromise and Regulator clearance
- benefit redesign advice, including managing scheme closures
- de-risking advice, including liability-reduction exercises
- advice on UK and international accounting disclosures
- PPF Levy management advice