As Managing Partner, Marcus plays a leading role in meeting the challenges to grow and develop Barnett Waddingham to the next level.
Marcus leads an ongoing programme of growth and development across the whole business – covering consultancy across risk, pensions, investment and insurance.
Marcus works with the practice area leaders to build an understanding of the markets Barnett Waddingham is in, the challenges the firm faces, and the appropriate strategy for differentiating BW’s offering and to build plans for delivery. His extensive experience and positive approach have awarded him a strong reputation with staff and clients alike.
As the former Head of Investment Consulting, he has experience of a wide range of investment consultancy work including strategy, manager selection, liability hedging, long-term investment de-risking and DC scheme design. Marcus has a wealth of experience within the DC space having consulted schemes since 1992.
Marcus regularly writes articles for pension publications. He is an accomplished public speaker and has been quoted in the national and professional press on a number of occasions.
- investment strategy review work, including the implementation of de-risking frameworks
- design and implementation of LDI strategies
- manager selection, monitoring and review
- investment aspects of buy-in transactions including the design of an asset strategy
- advising employers of the investment aspects of their pension arrangements