Lewys advises companies on a wide range of defined benefit (DB) pension issues, including funding valuations, corporate accounting, transactions and liability management.
He has completed projects for a variety of different companies (with schemes ranging from the low millions to the multi-billions), helping to reduce both risk and cost.
Lewys leads Barnett Waddingham’s expert PPF levy team and is also a key member of Barnett Waddingham’s expert witness and litigation advisory team. His personal approach combined with a proactive attitude has made him a trusted adviser for a range of UK and multi-national businesses of different sizes and across different sectors.
Lewys has also spent time in the USA as part of Barnett Waddingham’s joint venture with Milliman, building up a good understanding of US pensions issues.
- Delivery of accounting disclosures for a company with £1.5 billion of DB obligations
- Expert witness support on a variety of cases, including the 2019 Rail Franchising Litigation
- PPF levy mitigation advice for schemes with assets up to £8 billion
- Buyer and seller support on a number of corporate transactions
- Leading Barnett Waddingham’s annual research into the pension obligations of FTSE350 companies