As Head of Life Consulting, Kim is responsible for managing the Life team, ensuring high quality, great value advice that meets client’s needs and developing our service offerings to the Life insurance sector.
A qualified actuary with the Life (including With profits) certificate. Acts as Actuarial Function Holder, Reviewing Actuary, Appropriate Actuary, and Signing Actuary.
Advises boards and senior managers on a wide range of actuarial and business issues.
A wide range of clients from niche insurers in the friendly society market, Lloyd’s life syndicates to large international insurers.
Kim has specific expertise in:
- advising Board on reserving methodology and assumptions and capital requirements
- peer review of Actuarial function including internal and external audit support
- product design and pricing
- mergers and acquisition
- Solvency II implementation
- governance reviews
- with profits – bonus declaration, investment strategy and management
Kim advises trustees of pension schemes on the financial strength and regulatory requirements of insurers that they are potentially looking to buy out with.
- independent expert and Skilled Person Review
- model validation