Karla is a risk, business continuity and crisis management specialist. Throughout her career, she has dealt with complex subjects that can challenge people's core beliefs and behaviours.
Applying experiential and commercial knowledge and understanding how people might behave in such extreme circumstances, has been invaluable in responding to such incidents.
Throughout her career, Karla has worked both in-house and in consulting roles to implement Enterprise Risk Management and Business Continuity Frameworks. She has been actively involved in the responses to a global cyberattack, terrorist attacks in various jurisdictions, bush fires, and many and varied localised emergencies.
She has worked with teams globally to improve organisational resilience, including
- undertaking Business Impact Analysis
- drafting plans for Crisis Management, Business Continuity and Emergency Management
- providing training, and desktop exercises
- embedding resilience into organisational culture.
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Karla regularly presents at industry conferences and webinars on risk and business continuity subjects. In particular, she is well known for her work on unconscious bias as a risk management issue.
- Karla has previously held roles in knowledge management, compliance and communications.
- She is also an examiner for risk management qualifications.