A qualified actuary, John brings a breadth of both industry and consulting experience with particular expertise in relation to regulation and the management of unit-linked business including unit pricing.
John has held Actuarial Function Holder roles for a number of years and advises boards and senior managers on a wide range of actuarial and business issues.
His 'hands-on' and flexible approach, including consideration of both theoretical and practical issues, leads to high quality, valued advice and strong relationships with his clients.
- actuarial Function Holder for specialist unit-linked life insurance firms
- senior peer reviewer and support of Actuarial Function Holder work across a range of life insurance firms
- all 'pillars' of Solvency II
- financial management of UK life insurance firms
- unit pricing related, including:
- reviews and assurance exercises covering governance, discretionary practice and control frameworks
- independent representation on unit-linked governance committees
- error investigation and rectification
- due diligence on outsourced operations