James Jordan FIA
Associate and Senior Consulting Actuary
James is a Scheme Actuary and has wide-ranging experience of providing actuarial consultancy services to trustees and employers.
His expertise includes valuations and funding advice, actuarial factors, scheme mergers, liability and risk management exercises, PPF levy mitigation strategies, corporate transactions, and corporate accounting.
James has worked with a wide range of clients from trustees of small schemes to multi-national corporates with liabilities over £7 billion.
- dealing with relevant stakeholders through complex valuation negotiations
- working with clients and other advisers to develop de-risking strategies relating to investment strategy (including LDI), bulk annuity transactions, scheme mergers and risk management exercises
- providing advice on PPF levy reduction measures, saving clients hundreds of thousands of pounds
- advice to UK and multi-national clients with combined liabilities of over £7 billion on their pension and medical plan accounting disclosures under IAS19 and FRS102
- delivering accounting disclosures covering long-term incentive plans and other share-based payments under IFRS2 for more than 20 companies including many FTSE100 and FTSE 250 companies