Helen advises both trustees and employers on a variety of defined benefit pension schemes. She has experience of a wide range of actuarial and consultancy work including valuations, benefit design, corporate accounting work, member communications, wind ups and scheme mergers.
She acts as Scheme Actuary to five pension schemes and support actuary for two other schemes, acting as the primary contact and liaising with the Trustees and any other advisers on a regular basis.
Helen is the firm's representative on and chairs the actuarial committee of the Society of Pension Consultants, which reviews and responds to consultations affecting actuarial work.
- assisting trustees in funding negotiations with their sponsoring employer and with the mitigation of sponsor covenant risks
- overseeing the full range of services provided to trustee boards, ensuring a joined-up approach in the day-to-day operation of pension schemes
- advice to trustees on integrated funding and investment strategies, including the implementation of appropriate de-risking frameworks
- advice to trustees and companies on liability management exercises (including enhanced transfer values, pension increase exchanges and flexible retirement offers)
- transfer value analysis (TVAS) to support IFA advice to members in relation to liability management exercises
- scheme mergers and wind ups
- company accounting advice
Helen chairs Barnett Waddingham’s Pensions Actuarial Technical Committee, which considers important topical actuarial issues and ideas and produces firm-wide guidance.