Hagen works as a consulting actuary on a wide range of Local Government Pension Funds.
He supports the Fund Actuary in providing funding and valuation advice. Hagen provides a wide range of actuarial advice to the participating employers in both the English and Scottish LGPS funds.
This includes individual employer funding and accounting advice as well as other ad-hoc pieces of work required by these funds and their employers.
Main area of expertise:
- provides actuarial advice to LGPS pension funds and their participating employers in both the English and Scottish LGPS
- oversees the development of many of the public sector online tools, including the Online Data Checker. Hagen is heavily involved in developing and maintaining BW’s valuation systems.
- Hagen is the longevity expert within the Public Sector team, regularly liaising with the BW longevity team to provide longevity advice to LGPS funds.
- English and Scottish LGPS pension funds
- provides advice to English and Scottish pension funds of a wide range of sizes. Hagen advises funds with nearly 1000 participating employers.
- oversees the development and maintenance of several of our actuarial systems and online tools.
- helps LGPS funds to improve their overall data quality and finding solutions to efficiently resolve data issues.
- member of the LGPS valuation project board which is responsible for the valuation project, focussing on systems
- advises on accounting disclosures for public sector employers including complex disclosures where employers are in surplus, have ceased to trade or have pass-through arrangements in place
- worked closely together with the Insurance and Longevity Consulting team to provide expertise for the Public Sector team and clients.
- provided advice to individual employers in LGPS pension funds.
- trained officers, committees and local pension boards on funding issues and current issues relating to the LGPS