Geoffrey Howard FIA
Geoff is a scheme actuary and main contact to a range of trustees on defined benefit pension schemes advising on a broad range of issues.
Geoff has gained a depth of experience advising on funding issues, factor reviews, Annual Allowance (AA) and Lifetime Allowance (LTA) considerations, PPF levy mitigation, benefit changes, company accounting, scheme governance, and member communications.
Geoff has worked with clients of all sizes, where he has provided clear and considered advice, tailored to their needs. He is flexible and pragmatic in his approach, helping his clients to achieve the best possible outcome.
- guided a number of clients through benefit changes, including closure
- worked with a number of clients and other advisers on developing de-risking strategies, including the implementation of LDI
- considered AA/LTA issues and options for executives for a number of schemes
- advised on PPF levy mitigation measures, including successful appeal of Experian scores, creating significant savings for clients
- provided expert pensions knowledge in development of bulk annuity product for an insurer
Geoff is a key member of the firm's actuarial systems group which develops and maintains Barnett Waddingham's bespoke actuarial models and software.