Christine is one of BW's governance specialists. She delivers governance services and projects to clients and supports the development of best practice in BW. She is a member of the Pension Management Institute Advisory Council, chairs their Risk & Audit Committee and is a member of the PMI Trustee Group. She has also helped BW prepare responses to Pension Regulator consultations. She also holds the Pension Management Institute Award in Pension Trusteeship.
Christine has been a contributor to industry publications such as Professional Pensions and the Pensions Management Institute’s Pension Aspects magazine. She also writes blogs and briefings for the Barnett Waddingham website.
She is an advocate of the skills and value of scheme secretaries/pension managers. These are skilled, specialist roles which provide diverse and interesting careers and are ever in greater demand. She really enjoys the people aspects of her role, building trusted relationships and quite simply loves her job.
- Managing outsourced pension manager/governance/trustee executive services teams of several people delivering all operational and governance aspects of large, complex schemes of £1bn - £4bn. This includes supporting sub-committees, providing trustee secretarial services, managing of and successful collaboration with advisers and oversight of projects.
- General consulting and scheme management services to full services clients
- Providing bespoke governance projects e.g. adviser reviews, assessing governance structure and documents, trustee effectiveness.
- Building and coaching successful teams
- On site secondments
- Financial and risk management e.g. scheme budgets and risk management frameworks
- Member communications