Barbara-Ann is an experienced Scheme Actuary based in our Leeds office. She advises her clients on a wide range of pension scheme work, including all aspects of scheme funding, benefit rectification, company accounting disclosures and PPF-related issues.
She has a very keen interest in scheme governance and oversees the governance services provided by the Barnett Waddingham Actuarial Consulting team. This involves working closely with other business areas within the firm, and other industry professionals, to promote best practice, sharing of ideas and the raising of governance standards.
“I aim to provide clear, concise advice in a friendly manner that enables my clients to fulfil their duties. I have a particular interest in scheme governance and administration and enjoy working with my clients to provide the best service possible to members.”
- Involved in all aspects of providing advice on scheme funding, including helping trustees identify their long-term objectives to come up with a ‘journey plan’ to reduce risk and reliance on the sponsoring employer;
- Assistant actuary and secretary to the trustees of a large pension scheme in the media industry. This scheme was a complex multi sectional scheme that was made up of many different schemes that had been merged into one, with complicated ongoing issues that required significant interaction with the trustees, sponsor, TPR and PPF;
- Has produced a scheme governance framework document that enables clients to monitor the risks inherent in their scheme on a day-to-day basis;
- Recently involved in the attempted full buyout of one of her small schemes (c. £5 million) working with the trustees, Barnett Waddingham’s bulk annuity team and the scheme’s other advisers to review the scheme’s data and benefits, assess feasibility and liaise with insurer;
- Has significant experience of producing accounting disclosures for sponsoring employers, including under FRS102 and ASC715. This includes liaising with overseas parent companies and their auditors; and
- Currently working with several clients on GMP rectification and equalisation (including conversion) – as well as full benefit rectification with two clients.