Andrew Vaughan FIA
Andrew advises a range of UK and international businesses on defined benefit (DB) pension issues including pension scheme funding, risk reduction exercises, pension benefit design, M&A transactions, and accounting disclosures.
Andrew’s extensive experience, clear advice and proactive approach have helped him to become a trusted consultant to a wide range of UK & multi-national businesses. Throughout his career, he has worked at board level with FTSE100 (or equivalent) organisations and major multinationals.
- funding and related advice to UK and international clients across a range of scheme sizes and industries – the largest being a client in the financial services sector with UK pension scheme assets of circa £10bn
- liability management strategy and advice to an international client with a £3bn UK pension scheme
- extensive corporate M&A advice and due diligence to international businesses investing in the UK – the largest being an acquisition of a major UK automotive business with extensive pension obligations (circa £6bn)
- scheme re-design for a major FMCG business involving its UK workforce (UK scheme of circa £7bn)
- extensive experience of interaction with government and related agencies though various industry roles – for example, DWP, TPR and PPF
Comment & Insight
Blog post Hoover’s chance to clean up as members swept into PPF
Regulated apportionment arrangements are becoming more common as stressed employers look to cut ties with their pension scheme. We look at the settlement agreed with the Pensions Regulator for Hoover Limited.
Research Pension flexibilities: Impact on DB schemes two years in
Now two years into freedom and choice in DC retirement savings, for members of a DB scheme making the most of these flexibilities will involve transferring to a DC arrangement. We provide an update on the lay of the land.
Research Big Schemes Survey 2017
The largest occupational pension schemes are an integral part of the UK economy. These schemes invest substantial amounts of capital in the wider economy and are responsible for the retirement wellbeing of a large proportion of the population.