As our Senior Partner, Andrew oversees the growth and strategic direction of Barnett Waddingham. At the heart of this strategy, is the principle of “doing the right thing” while making sure that our clients receive a consistently high quality service focused on helping them meet their objectives. He is passionate about enabling our people to deliver the personal, tailored approach for which Barnett Waddingham is widely recognised.
Throughout his career, Andrew has advised a range of UK and international businesses on defined benefit (DB) pension issues, including pension scheme funding, risk reduction exercises, pension benefit design, M&A transactions, and accounting disclosures.
Andrew’s extensive experience, clear advice and proactive approach have helped him to become a trusted consultant to a wide range of UK and international businesses. Throughout his career, he has worked at board level with FTSE 100 (or equivalent) organisations and major multinationals.
With an emphasis on innovation, efficiency and team spirit, Andrew’s leadership is key to driving Barnett Waddingham’s ambitious development plans.
- funding and related advice to UK and international clients across a range of scheme sizes and industries – the largest being a client in the financial services sector with UK pension scheme assets of circa £10bn
- liability management strategy and de-risking/settlement advice to an international client with a £4bn UK pension scheme
- extensive corporate M&A advice and due diligence to international businesses investing in the UK – the largest being an acquisition of a major UK automotive business with extensive pension obligations (circa £6bn)
- scheme re-design for a major FMCG business involving its UK workforce (UK scheme of circa £7bn)
- extensive experience of interaction with government and related agencies though various industry roles – for example, DWP, TPR and PPF