For LGPS Committees, Local Pension Board Members, and LGPS Officers.
Especially for new Committee and Local Pension Board Members and for LGPS Officers, but also for those who would like to refresh their knowledge, these live interactive training webinars will focus on providing an overview of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
They will cover the structure of the scheme and its key stakeholders, and will provide a summary of its benefits, costs and how it is governed. They will also provide online networking opportunities.
What topics are covered?
- An overview of the scheme structure, the rules & regulations, key documents & policies
- Reviewing the key stakeholders, who may participate & their key duties
Benefit Summary & Employee Costs
- Explaining how final salary & career average pensions work
- An overview of the benefit structure, the cost to employees & the interaction with pension tax, annual & lifetime allowances
Employer Costs & Cost Caps
- Looking at how benefits are funded, triennial funding & other valuations & cost control in the LGPS, considering current issues & potential future changes
- A summary of overriding governance arrangements & the national structure
- Looking at the key governance terminology & organisations, MHCLG, SAB & TPR, the role of the committee & local pension board, & changes proposed by the Good Governance project
There will be a 30 minute lunch break and opportunity for online networking 12:15 to 12:45
The training is delivered in one session which will be available on the following date.
- 26 January 2022
Registration 10:00 to 10:15 | Training 10:15 to 14:45
For further information and to book your place please contact email@example.com or phone 020 7776 3805.
Places cost £175 +VAT per delegate. Places are non-refundable if cancelled within a week of the event, substitutes accepted.
We reserve the right to alter content where circumstances require. Training subject to minimum numbers.
Bespoke events can also be delivered at Fund or Pool level via interactive live webinar or when circumstances again allow, at client sites or our offices around the country. Please contact David for further details.