This note is for those who will be involved in preparing and auditing pension disclosure under Accounting Standards FRS102 (UK non-listed), IAS19 (EU listed) and ASC715 (US listed) as at 31 March 2020.
We look at the current topical issues – including the impact of Covid-19 on accounting positions – as well as the latest considerations for company directors when setting assumptions, and for auditors when determining whether the assumptions are appropriate.
This briefing also sets out some of the technical issues relevant to those involved in the preparation and the audit of pension disclosures.
There are a number of areas where auditors might look to get more involved than usual this year, so it’s important that companies are getting robust advice that can give their auditors the justification they need.
Here are some pf the key areas tackled in this report:
- The technical issues relevant to those involved in the preparation and the audit of pension disclosures.
- Despite the volatility, have accounting positions actually improved?
- Proposed changes from RPI to CPIH in 2030
- Selection of Discount rates at 31 March 2020
- Assumptions for RPI and CPI inflation
- Latest on IFRIC14
- And much more…
Download our latest report below to get up to speed now.