Paul Maguire ACA
Paul provides consultancy services to charities and not-for-profit organisations. He has expertise is a range of investment management work including strategy, asset allocation and objective setting.
Paul’s background in both investment management and working at a large charity for a number of years provides him with a great understanding of what a charity needs from its investment portfolio, bearing in mind the organisation’s overall aims and beliefs.
- former Head of Investments at a major charity for 16 years
- led a number of strategy reviews which resulted in investment mandate changes and gradual increase in number of managers from two to ten
- introduced a method of determining a sustainable real rate of return for the charity investment portfolio and annual total return distribution policy
- responsible for monitoring performance of investment managers against agreed benchmarks and reporting thereon to investment committee
- former UK Equities Fund manager
- ran treasury operations and cash management at a charity for several years
- advised on the investment strategy of a charity DB scheme for a number of years before concentrating on the charity investment portfolio
Comment & Insight
Blog post Pension Schemes and ESG disclosure
There are now only just over six months to go before the new regulations on environmental, social and governance (ESG) disclosure come into effect for pension schemes. Scheme trustees need to address this looming development.
Blog post Trustees to consider ESG factors
ESG, SRI, ethical investing are often used interchangeably; but actually they are different and these differences affect how client portfolios should be designed and which investments are appropriate for meeting a client’s objectives.