Paul Maguire ACA
Paul provides consultancy services to charities and not-for-profit organisations. He has expertise is a range of investment management work including strategy, asset allocation and objective setting.
Paul’s background in both investment management and working at a large charity for a number of years provides him with a great understanding of what a charity needs from its investment portfolio, bearing in mind the organisation’s overall aims and beliefs.
- former Head of Investments at a major charity for 16 years
- led a number of strategy reviews which resulted in investment mandate changes and gradual increase in number of managers from two to ten
- introduced a method of determining a sustainable real rate of return for the charity investment portfolio and annual total return distribution policy
- responsible for monitoring performance of investment managers against agreed benchmarks and reporting thereon to investment committee
- former UK Equities Fund manager
- ran treasury operations and cash management at a charity for several years
- advised on the investment strategy of a charity DB scheme for a number of years before concentrating on the charity investment portfolio
Comment & Insight
Blog post Trustees to consider ESG factors
ESG, SRI, ethical investing are often used interchangeably; but actually they are different and these differences affect how client portfolios should be designed and which investments are appropriate for meeting a client’s objectives.