Head of Data Science
Filip uses data science to support operational activities in service industries.
He blends expertise in statistical modelling, the business of insurance, information technology (IT), process optimisation, project management and organizational change.
Filip has delivered and continues to deliver operational solutions based on machine learning, information retrieval and other data science related approaches. He does so to improve and support decision-making and other cognitive activities in service organisations.
A few of Filip’s achievements in the area of data science towards service organisations are:
- built a multi-lingual question-answering system for customer inquiries, supporting service agents
- implemented a system for skill-based assignment of incoming customer requests for an insurance company
- built an online content-based filtering service to exclude irrelevant content, on top of a web-scraping application for 250+ websites oriented towards legal advisors
Filip built these solutions applying machine learning, natural language processing, information retrieval and image processing techniques.
Filip has an actuarial background and has been working on a vast number of topics in the insurance industry. Some of his achievements are:
- led the roll-out of the European Solvency II directive in the general insurance division.
- was a solution architect for a number of administration system implementations for policy management; claims handling; and collections and disbursements processing.
- aligned the asset portfolio underlying a life & pensions product family to the local regulation coordinating 24 investment managers.