The catastrophic outcomes of the planet’s current pathway of climate change may have many of your institutions declaring a climate emergency. Overlay this with the challenges the current Covid-19 crisis has highlighted in terms of certain corporate behaviours, but the spotlight on ESG investment remains.
At Barnett Waddingham, we believe that far from being a ‘current issue’, the management of ESG risks will be critical to investment success in the short, medium and long-term.
In this webinar – available to watch now – Matt Tickle, Partner and Head of Research and Amanda Latham, Policy and Strategy Lead, address the current climate change and Covid-19 concerns and what impact they have had on the higher education industry. By looking at examples and addressing these concerns, they will help you consider the crucial ‘what next’ questions on climate and non-climate factors:
- What has changed in your focus during this climate emergency?
- What are the practical impacts of this? For example, have you changed your strategic approach ‘to become more impact focussed’ or rather a change in mindset ‘to make sure you better understand your existing managers and their approaches’?
- Does the current crisis present an opportunity to rethink ESG risks like climate change and their importance?
- Has Covid-19 heightened your concerns / awareness of the risks associated with non-financial factors?
- The Government has indicated they are bringing in TCFD (taskforce for climate-related Financial Disclosures) reporting for pension schemes, how are you adapting and bringing this into your thinking?
- How has your thinking on tobacco and other non-climate related factors developed?
View our webinar (45 minutes)
ESG Webinar Series: Higher Education
Helping you navigate through the climate and non-climate factors of ESG risks within the higher education industry.Watch Now
Want to know more about ESG?
We provide advice on the regulatory ESG framework and client-focused solutions to help our clients with their ESG considerations. Learn more about ESG investing and how you can approach your investment meetings with confidence.More about ESG Investing
Stay up to date
Get the latest independent commentary and exclusive insights from a range of experts at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance – tailored to your preference.