DC Pensions | Virtual Training | September 2020
Our virtual DC training course provides a solid grounding for all those involved in DC pension arrangements, whether you are a trustee or an employer, helping you achieve positive outcomes for scheme members.
The training provides a thorough grounding in pension matters. It’s ideal for those who are new to pensions as well as those seeking a reminder or update on topical issues.
You’ll learn about the ongoing governance and operation of schemes and, if you are a trustee, develop the knowledge to complete TPR’s Trustee toolkit with confidence.
Session 1: Framework for a well run scheme
- Scheme documentation – compliance vs best practice and consideration of the following: Trust Deed and Rules, Statement of Investment Principles, Risk Registers, Chair’s Statement
- Pension legislation and DC requirements including Value for Member and the Regulator’s Code of Practice
- Focus on technical elements – new legislation changes, DC discharge/scheme wind-up and asset transition (key considerations and potential pitfalls)
- The impact of Covid-19 on pensions, including contributions
Session 2: Delivering positive outcomes
- Administration / provider solutions – roles and responsibilities, delivering for stakeholders (including setting and reviewing service level agreements), market developments including master trusts
- At-retirement – flexibilities and usage, advice and guidance options.
- Investments – defaults (including tailoring to a membership), interaction with at-retirement including retirement pathways and Environmental, Social and Governance considerations
- Communication and Engagement – how to communicate structures to drive engagement and good member outcome