Barnett Waddingham's Investment Consulting practice provides comprehensive, client focused investment consultancy services to trustees, charities and individuals.
The big picture
If a boat is blown off course in the middle of the ocean, the captain has the time and space to assess how far off course they have been blown and to determine what new course needs to be set - the captain is not overly concerned. However, when the boat is approaching port at the end of the journey, the captain is rightly cautious of the risk of being blown off course and onto the rocks. While there are clearly differences between a boat and its captain and a final salary pension scheme and its trustees, there is the same need for planning for the risk of being blown off course as the journey nears its end.
We assist our clients in "making the journey" through their investment-related issues:
- Where is your scheme now? - conducting cashflow analysis to obtain an understanding of your scheme's current position;
- Where is your scheme heading and by when? - working with the trustees and employer to establish their risk profile and tolerance whilst introducing trustees to the "governance budget";
- The first step - analysing the investment risk under the scheme's current strategy, thus taking the first step of the journey (i.e. the initial strategy);
- The path to take - developing a progressive de-risking structure and designing funding triggers to assist trustees in planning the path to take;
- Vehicles to use - advising on the structure of the protection and growth assets;
- Choosing the vehicle driver - providing an investment manager service to identify managers best able to fulfil the agreed portfolio mandates;
- Monitoring the journey - providing regular performance reports of the scheme's investment strategy and managers as well as considering the outlook for key markets.
Please click on any of the areas listed on the left for further information.
If you would like more information regarding the services we offer then please contact Marcus Whitehead or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For briefing notes relating to Investment Consulting please click here.
For commentaries relating to Investment Consulting please click here.